1. You confirm that you consent to Currys Retail Limited(CPW) using your information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, Device make/model/IMEI/network) to allow us to process your trade in and contact you and the network in relation to the trade in and unlocking of the Device only.
2. You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions ("Conditions") when you provide us with the device you wish to trade in (the "Device") by either handing us the Device if you trade in in-store, or sending the Device to us if you trade in online or over the telephone. Before providing us with the Device, if you have any questions relating to these Conditions please contact us via our website at www.carphonewarehouse.com or by calling us on 0370 111 6565.
3. You confirm that you are either the owner of the Device or you have obtained express permission from the rightful owner to trade in the Device.
4. The Device must not be stolen or listed with us or a third party as stolen. We will check the Device with CheckMEND, from the suppliers of IMMOBILISE as used by UK Police forces to trace stolen and missing property. If the Device fails any due diligence check we may notify the relevant police authority and we may pass the Device and your details to them and the Quoted Value will not be paid to you.
5. The Device must not have been purchased from CPW within the 30 days prior to trade in.
6. The quoted Device trade in value ('Quoted Value') will be determined by us or a third party on our behalf based on the make and model of the Device.
7. If the Device contains a SIM card, you must remove this along with any accessories prior to trade in. We will not be liable for any consequences of you not removing the SIM card or accessories, including any payments associated with the Device or the SIM card.
8. Data stored on the Device that you wish to retain must be saved elsewhere and you must remove any memory card and/ or all data that has been put onto the Device prior to trade in. We will not be liable for any damage, loss or erasure of any such data or for any consequences of you not removing your data or memory card, including use or disclosure of such data.
9. we may deem the device to be a working or non-working device, where a:
Everything works as it should
- • There is no major damage to the phones case front or rear (light wear and minor scratches are acceptable)
- • There is no damage to the screen
- • The screen is not showing any signs of screen burn, discolouration, or image retention
- • All the functional buttons i.e. volume or home button are working as intended
- • The camera, microphone and speakers are all working and free from damage
- • Includes the battery and charges up
- • Has no liquid damage and has all its internal parts
- • If the device is bent, broken into pieces or any of the internal parts are showing, it is classed as 'Beyond Economic Repair' or BER. A device that is BER has ZERO value and cannot be traded in
There is a problem with your device, or it does not work
- • There is damage to the phone's case front or rear
- • There is damage to the screen
- • The screen is showing signs of screen burn, discolouration, or image retention
- • The functional buttons i.e. volume or home button are not working as intended
- • The camera, microphone or speakers are not working or damaged
- • Has a defective battery or does not charge up
- • Has liquid damage
If the device is bent, broken into pieces or any of the internal parts are showing, it is classed as 'Beyond Economic Repair' or BER. A device that is BER has ZERO value and cannot be traded in.
10. If you wish to take advantage of a trade in promotion whilst purchasing a new phone and choose to trade in your old phone, recyclable phones, or phones with ZERO value DO NOT qualify towards any promotion and no additional value will be paid.
1. For trade ins in-store only:
2. We will pay the Quoted Value onto your debit card where available within 3 working days; or
3. The value can be used to create a Trade-in credit note against any purchase you make in store; or
4. The value can be used as part or full payment for other products. When the Trade-in value exceeds the cost of the purchased product(s), any remaining value can be refunded onto a debit card or used to create a Trade-in credit note.
5. Once you have traded in the Device, it will not be returned to you under any circumstances.
6. For trade ins online and by telephone only,
7. Following you accepting to trade in, we will send you a pre-paid addressed padded envelope (the "Envelope") within ten working days. We will only accept the Device if it is returned to us in this Envelope. We will not be liable for loss of your Device before we receive it;
8. In order to honour the Quoted Value we must receive the Device within 21 calendar days of you accepting to trade in; and
9. Provided the Device received is as advised by you and has been received within the 21 calendar days in the Envelope, we will make a transfer via BACS for the Quoted Value within three to five working days of receipt of the Device.
10. If the Device received does not completely match the description and detail as advised by you or we have not received it within the 14 calendar days, we will contact you to give you the option either to have the Device returned to you at our cost, in which case no value will be paid to you, or proceed with the trade in at a new value advised to you. If you do not respond to this contact as advised therein within 7 working days, we will assume that you have accepted our revised offer and proceed with payment accordingly. Should you wish to make a complaint about the trade-in service, you may do so in the following way:
11. by calling 0370 111 6565
12. in writing addressed to Currys Retail Ltd, PO Box 373, Southampton, SO30 2PP
13. Both parties aggregate liability in relation to these Conditions (whether in contract or for negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever and whether to any entrant or otherwise) for any loss or damage shall be limited to and in no circumstances shall exceed £250 for any one incident or series of related incidents.
14. CPW reserves the right to withdraw or to change the terms of this offer at any time. Changes will be published on our website at www.carphonewarehouse.com/help.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights.
16. These Conditions are governed by English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Conditions.
17. Each clause of these Conditions shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the invalidity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part.
18. Calls to our telephone numbers should be charged at local rates but may vary from some providers and mobile phones. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded.
19. 'CPW' means Currys Retail Ltd (registered no. 2142673), 1 Portal Way, London W3 6RS VAT Number 927 2265 40
20. 'We/us/our' means Currys Retail Ltd
Sales within Retail - Buy the promotional product on a consumer pay monthly connection (new or upgrade) and we will give you the promotional amount advertised at point of sale when you trade-in a relevant phone. Trade-in and connection must take place in the same transaction to qualify. Traded-in phone must be a mobile phone used on the UK network within the last 10 years.
Smartphone is defined as a phone with an operating system running iOS, Android, Blackberry OS or Windows.
Online and Direct channels - If you have bought a promotional product on a consumer pay monthly connection (new or upgrade) you will need to go to www.carphonewarehouse.com/tradeinpromoto enter your new handset IMEI once it has been delivered. We will pay you the promotional amount advertised at point of sale for your trade-in value once we have received and evaluated your phone.
Exclusions - Customers who have taken a cashback, web-exclusive or pre-order incentive are excluded from this offer. Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Business connections are excluded from this promotion. Excludes SIM-free handsets, PAYG, business and any 'gift-with-purchase' offers
We reserve the right to withdraw this promotion or change these terms and conditions at any time
Maximum of 1 trade-in per connected promotional product.
Trade-in value will be calculated at the time of the trade-in.
Promotional value will be automatically calculated.
For online transactions, the handset must arrive within 14 days after the end of the offer to be eligible for this offer.
As per standard trade-ins terms and conditions.
Traded-in phone must be a mobile phone used on the UK network within the last 10 years.
Trade-In call centre opening hours are 9am-7pm Monday-Friday, 10-6pm Saturday and 10-5pm on Sunday. Calls to this number cost a maximum of 24p/min with a 15p call set up fee when made from a BT landline. Prices of calls from other providers may vary and from mobiles may cost significantly more. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored.