Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion at http://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/freegearVR form part of the Terms and Conditions.
1. The Promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter” or “Samsung”).
2. The Promotion will commence at 00:01 (GMT) on 14th September 2016 and shall close at 23:59 (GMT) on 5th October 2016 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. To be eligible to participate in the Promotion you must be a United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland resident aged 18 or over (“Participant”).
4. Employees or agents of the Promoter or anyone professionally connected to this Promotion and any group company of the Promoter is not eligible to enter.
5. This Promotion is only available to consumers (e.g. not to any business or reseller).
6. Participants may submit a maximum of 1 Claim per Promotion Product purchased, and a maximum of 1 claim during the promotional period.
7. Participants who purchase a new (i.e. not second hand) model of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Family as set out in the table below (each a “Promotion Product” and together the “Promotion Products”) from a Participating Retailer (whether purchase is made in-store or online) within the Promotion Period will be entitled to claim a Samsung New Gear VR by redemption (the “Reward”). See table below for Participating Retailers.
8. Rewards are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter may substitute a Reward of equal or greater value for the below Reward.
9. To claim, Participants must purchase a Promotion Product during the Promotion Period then visit http://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/freegearVR to complete the online claim form and submit the Promotion Product details along with uploading proof of purchase and entering the Serial number and all other required information (“Claim”).
10. Claims must be made within 60 days of date of purchase of a Promotional Product (the “Claim Period”), meaning the final claim date (for a Promotion Product purchased on 5th October 2016) is no later than 23:59 on 3rd December 2016. For the avoidance of doubt the date of purchase counts as day one. Participants must wait a minimum of 30 days to make a claim. Claims received outside this period will be marked as invalid and will not be accepted.
11. Participants will be sent an email and SMS to confirm that their claim has been received by the Promoter and that it has been successful and validated.
12. If an email acknowledgement has not been received, it is the Participant’s responsibility to contact the Promoter’s customer service team at gearVR@samsungpromotions.claims or 03432 084 777 for UK and 0152 679 96 for ROI residents within seven (7) days of a Claim being submitted.
13. If a Claim is deemed to have not been submitted correctly, the Participant will be notified via email and SMS and offered the opportunity to provide the required information within seven (7) days. If no response is received within seven (7) days of the email and SMS, then the Claim shall be marked as invalid and the Participant will no longer be eligible to receive the Reward.
14. Delivery of the Reward will be to the UK only postal address provided in the Claim.
15. This Promotion is not redeemable with any other offer.
16. Applications that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Claims.
17. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Claims which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid Claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of purchase, as well as the identity, age, and other relevant details of a Participant.
19. A Claim must be made by the Participant, and must not be made through agents or third parties.
20. If a Participant returns a Promotion Product after submitting a Claim, the Claim will be invalid and the Participant must immediately call: 03432 084 777 for UK and 0152 679 96 for ROI residents to cancel the Claim. The Promoter reserves the right to check with Participating Retailers whether a Promotion Product has been returned and, by submitting a Claim, the Participant provides consent to the Promoter to do so.
Privacy and Data Protection
22. Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the Participant when entering the Promotion or claiming the Reward will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
24. The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
25. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or Claim or Rewards; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
26. Participants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other relevant costs, expenses which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as being included.
27. By participating in this Promotion, you agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, to release and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Reward. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to liability arising from fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation), death or personal injury caused as a result of Promoter’s negligence.
28. The Promotion is governed by English law.